A Recommendation Letter from Mbak Jani

When I was cleaning up my room in the morning yesterday, I found a piece of paper inside my binder pouch. I opened it and I was surprised. That piece of paper brought out some memories of mine.

Here is a recommendation letter from my aunt, ...hmm I just wanna call her my aunt eventhough she doesn't have any family connection with mine. This recommendation letter was needed to comply a requirement of student exchange program registration (called AFS).

I don't mean to be kinda boastful, but I just want you to know who I am, according to her perception..

"I am Jani Purnawanty who knew Felkiza Vinanda since she was 1 year old. I watched her grows as we were living in a near neighborhood. Even though in 1994, she and her family moved out, but we are still in a close relationship.

Kiza grows as a cute, friendly, warm, polite, and pleasant girl. She is an open-minded, a very easygoing person, and possesses an insightful sense of humor. She is also a confidence, vigorous, and highly motivated person. She is eager to learn and try new things as well as enjoys exploring her artistic sense, especially in music, writing, and art-digital-design.

Kiza is a very responsible, discipline, and determined person. These very well support her leadership. I noticed she was a chief for her group when she joined Boy Scout in Elementary School. She also actively run and managed the student body (OSIS) when she was in Junior High School. Currently, she posts as ‘Ketua Kelas’ and an official to the basket ball group. I believe she performed those tasks well and satisfying. She works efficiently and in well order, also always accomplished the responsibilities burdened to her adequately.

Kiza has very pleasant personality; she knows exactly how to behave and always acts in a proper manner. Her cheerfulness and sincerity places her as ‘a shoulder to cry on’ to many of her friends. She is a pretty nice person to talk and having conversation with her is very enjoyable. Kiza is a person to hug.

To mention a few, her obvious strengths are enthusiasm to move forward, highly motivated, always open herself to criticisms without being easily irritated, stable emotionally, very well adapted person, fruitful, creative, confidence, pretty nice personality, and intelligent.

Just because she always tries to satisfy her curiosity to explore new things, sometimes it makes her less focus and a bit unable to put priority. Indeed, those are not weaknesses at all, those are very normal to the girl in her age; she just needs to understand herself deeper in order to know what precisely she wants and needs to achieve.

It is of my opinion; considering her potency and many excellent points she owns, I am positive the opportunities to live abroad will definitely shaping and sharpening Felkiza Vinanda’s personality and intelligent in a very positive way. I also believe, she is an asset for the future and deserves to have any golden opportunity, including this culture exchange program, as a ladder for her to reach higher.

Surabaya, 26 April 2006


Jani Purnawanty, S.H., S.S., LL.M."


Actually, I wanna put her photograph here, but poor me, I don't have any of hers :(
I will, later.

Comments